status powerpc (Re: Meeting 2006-01-08 (Very Soon))

Hi,

On Sunday 07 January 2007 23:39, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I added myself as the moderator.

I'll have logs.

Apropos logs, this is the current status of the etch-test powerpc cd:

<h01ger> pere, next issue: there is the -edu installation type menu (yay! the
one with server, workstation, standalone), then i get asked if i really want
to erase the harddrive, then the passwords (and the name for the default
user?!) and then i end up in normal partioning?!

<h01ger> missing auto-part recipe?

<h01ger> pere, at the end of the installation it complains there is no
bootloader installed, then i rebooted, the machine booted, but in runlevel2
the text "how did you end up here?" is repeated endlessly. if i press
ctrl-alt-del the nice skolelinux shutdown from usplash appears and the system
goes down

Anybody else besides me who can test this? I can probably fix the build
process, but I wont have powerpc hardware in my hands the next weeks.

Please notice: now we're actually in the state where the harddisc will be
wiped ;-)

Download at http://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-etch-test-powerpc/

regards,
	Holger