cipux: lintian warnings about non-executable scripts (was Re: meeting debian)

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 08:43, Christian Kuelker wrote:
> > > The Linitian warning jever send to me are:
> > > W: cipux-cibot: script-not-executable
> > > ./etc/cipux/refine.d/disabled/oo11.sh W: cipux-cibot:
> > > script-not-executable ./etc/cipux/refine.d/disabled/kde3.sh W:
> > > cipux-cibot: script-not-executable
> > > ./etc/cipux/refine.d/disabled/xchat.sh W: cipux-cibot:
> > > script-not-executable
> > > ./etc/cipux/refine.d/enabled/void.sh
> >
> > I think for these warnings you just have to do a small chmod +x on this
> > files or ?
>
> I am not sure. This are plugins for the refine script and not to be
> intended to be executed directly. I think Lintian hurts here more then it
> helped.
>
> If I make the +x then Lintian might complain about
> - there is no she bang line

they all start with "#/bin/bash" ?!

> - this is an executable and it is not at the right position.

right. I would also complain about this :)

why don't you put them in the proper place?! :) (And this is not about
debian's policy, but the the FHS, which sus*/ub*ntu and other also try to
follow...

Also I dont understand why they are in a directory called "disabled" - can we
just remove / not install them?

regards,
	Holger