Re: Adding amd64 port for debian-edu? (Was: Meeting summary from todays Debian Edu IRC meeting)

Hi,

only commenting on the negative aspects here...

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 09:30, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> On the negative side
>  - Increases the storage requirements as we need to archive binary CDs
>    and possibly DVDs for another architecture.

We should start with CDs only. And there is still the plan of moving our
builds to cdimage.debian.org - can we cope with 1.5gb more space needed on
our machine now? (df is kind of hard to parse on a.skolelinux.no :)

>  - Increases load on build server.

Is that really a blocker?

>  - Will it be hard to provide java packages for it?  What about
>    macromedia flash?

So there is no macromedia-flash, "only" gnash. Is that a blocker?
Or do the positive aspects weight more? Or the wishes of the users, wanting
amd64?

regards,
	Holger