Re: QLogic Support

Thank you Peter. Though I had found and installed the firmware-qlogic package, I totally missed the qla2x00-source package. I'll give that a go today. I'll also get you the PCI ID for my qla2200 card.

Best Regards,

Mark

On 11/11/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
[Trond Mæhlum]
> If you _do_ get qlogic and Debian to behave I would like to hear about it.

I notice the qla2x00-source debian package in debian/unstable:

  Package: qla2x00-source
  Version: 7.05.00-1
   This package provides the source code for the qla2x00 kernel
   modules that support the QLA2100, QLA2200 and QLA2300 fibre channel
   adapters from QLogic. Kernel source version 2.4 is required to
   compile these modules.

Perhaps it can help?  If you can provide me with PCI IDs of the cards
in question, I can teach discover-pkginstall from the discover package
to install it automatically on the machines in question.  I prefer if
such info is submitted into the debian bts to make sure I do not miss
it.

Friendly,