Re: [OT] Development environment for education

Le mercredi 20 septembre 2006 à 22:57 +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi,
> I guess this question is OT here, but I hope the low volume
> of the list might be an excuse.  (Is there any better place
> to ask?)
> I just had a talk with the ne teacher of my son who also
> teaches informatics.  He started migrating to Linux using
> dual boot systems and is using Arktur server.  It was
> quite a short discussion so I don't know much details -
> but there is light at horizont!
> He said that he needs Windows for instance because of the
> nice development environment of Delphi because students get
> results really quickly.  So my question is: What programming
> environment could serve for the same purpose as free
> replacement.  I have heard about free pascal, but I don't
> know whether this might come close.  I personally would
> prefer Python - but they need a shiny environment ...

Freepascal and Python come with very poor development environment.
In term of very high level development environment your best bet is

Also note the Squeak BotsInc learning environment developed by Stephane
Ducasse: http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc

Some teacher found it useful to teach geometry

Best regards,

CDDP des Landes
Ingénierie Éducative
614, rue du Ruisseau - BP 401