Re: new version SkoleLiveCD

[Steffen Joeris]
> Thanks a lot for the information.
> Hmm as I thought it creates an image from a current installation, nice.
> I still think that my suggestion below is right.

If this is true, I suggest building the current installation in a
chroot, and make the live CD from that chroot.  There should be no
need to dedicate an entire machine for this.

If this is done, we can use administrator.s.n.

I saw a claim that root access is needed.  Why?  Can we rewrite some
tool to avoid it?

> @Pere/Werner: What's your opinion? Any plans for developer so far?

The plan for developer was to provide a login server as user.s.n.

> Second one would be to integrate the packages and make them
> official, otherwise we would have a completely different LiveCD than
> the german team has.

Yes, I agree.  And the first step to make that happen is to have the
official build scripts in alioth svn.

> A third point would maybe be that LiveBackput itself is not debianized and I
> would like to see that too, any volunteers? I can maybe also have a look.

Yes, all the packages on the live CD and those used to build it should
be sent to the debian and/or debian-edu ftp archive, to make sure we
have everything we need there.

Be aware that there are several projects for making live debian CDs.
Perhaps one of them can be used to build live CDs from a chroot?

The one I remember at the moment is Debian Live,
<URL:http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/>.  There are also others.