Re: new version SkoleLiveCD

* Steffen J�ris <Steffen.Joeris@skolelinux.de> [060829 16:29]:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for your long mail and yes I am really interested in having a live CD
> for the next release and therefore I am also willing to contribute in helping
> to host the live CD and making it an official part of the
> Debian-Edu/Skolelinux project.

thanks for your will to contribute to SkoleLiveCd ;-)

@Steffen, please correct my english on

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/SkoleLiveCd/BuildServer

one can find there
how we build up our system in the german testcenter.

> At first some general information about administrator, the machine where we
> build our current images. For that we use debian-cd and a nice build
> environment which works from subversion.
> As far as I understand the LiveBackup scripts, they operate from a current
> system and create a live CD out of that system. So IMHO we can't have the
> build process itself on administrator. But what we can do is to build the
> system from one of the other machines, maybe developer after the server is
> reinstalled. I don't know yet about the procedure, just some thoughts.

well, a cronjob can do this ...

> I also saw that you are using some unofficial packages so far and therefore I
> can't mention how important it is to make them official (e.g. for security
> support, integration, compatibility, ...), so please get them into Debian
> and/or Debian-Edu repository.

all packages of LiveBackup are debian packages.

And the goal of SkoleLiveCd is to show new features in a way,
that it can be tested without installing.

It can be our showcase for marketing, for demonstrations, for
events and talks to promote free software, skolelinux, free
e-learning software moodle, new french teaching software, some
information about creativ commons are planned and so on.

we will continue to work on, but we need help in synchronising
translation in the differnet wikis.

we need a short, but up to date documentation.

> The procedure for getting them into Debian is
> well known and the procedure for getting them into Debian-Edu was also
> explaint several times and can be found in the wiki, otherwise I am glad to
> help out, just ping me on IRC or write me a mail.

so please contact Xavier and support him to build the debian packages of
CipUX. We need a new and better user administration on the etch version.

> Once we have all the packages and all the other things we can setup a kind of
> build environment and then host the LiveCD together with the daily builds.
ok, so why not take the livebackup scripts from sourceforge and install
them?

> Cheers
> Steffen
greetings to the other side of the globe ;-)

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
--
kurt@skolelinux.de