Re: Where are the French extra-packages?

On Monday 21 August 2006 19:41, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> On 15:30 Sun 20 Aug     , Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Where are the French extra-packages?  They need to be uploaded into
> > Debian very soon to make it into Debian/Etch, and should be uploaded
> > into the debian-edu repository as well to make sure we track their
> > existence and try to find room for them on the first CD.
>
> The packages are in the debian-edu repository : debian-edu/trunk/fr
Here the debian-edu repository means the packages from ftp.skolelinux.org, so
not the svn repository, but the dak repository from debian-edu.

> > And if we are able to trim down the content on the first CD even
> > further, we will get the French packages on that CD instead.  Should
> > we try to make a DVD as well?
>
> The french addon CD take about 450Mb. So using two CDs is enough. But I
> like the idea of having a DVD :)
I like the idea of a DVD too.
At first we should focus on getting the most important stuff on the first CD
and focus on that and then we have a second CD with the rest anyway.

Cheers
Steffen