Re: Where are the French extra-packages?

On 15:30 Sun 20 Aug     , Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> Where are the French extra-packages?  They need to be uploaded into
> Debian very soon to make it into Debian/Etch, and should be uploaded
> into the debian-edu repository as well to make sure we track their
> existence and try to find room for them on the first CD.

The packages are in the debian-edu repository : debian-edu/trunk/fr

> The lack of visible progress in getting them into Debian worries me.
> I believe there is a lot of hard work left to do before they will be
> ready to go into Etch, and unless someone (I'm not going to work on
> it) start doing the work, the packages will be missing in Debian.

You are right, there is a lot of work left before they will be ready.
The bad point is that Im alone working on this packaging but I will
start the work of getting them into debian this week !!

> There were questions about automatically building the French extra CD
> on administrator.s.n.  I'm all for it.  I suspect the easiest approach
> to make that happen is to upload the packages to the debian-edu
> repository and list them as recommends and suggests in the debian-edu
> tasks.  This will make the packages show up on the second CD now being
> built for Etch.  We can then call this CD the French extra CD. :)

Ok, I will list them in the debian-edu task.

> And if we are able to trim down the content on the first CD even
> further, we will get the French packages on that CD instead.  Should
> we try to make a DVD as well?

The french addon CD take about 450Mb. So using two CDs is enough. But I
like the idea of having a DVD :)

> French team, please focus on this.  Time is short before etch freezes,
> and there is a lot of hard work left to do. :)

Yep !

Friendly,
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald@free.fr>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian & Debian-Edu
 `. `'   GnuPG Key ID 0x88BBB51E
   `-    938D D715 6915 8860 9679  4A0C A430 C6AA 88BB B51E