Re: iTALC "student control panel works in LTSP ??

Back...
Am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2006 22:31 schrieb Steffen Joeris:
> Hi
>
> > The upstream author was quite busy this year to implement all features
> > for thin clients, so at least it is a good idea to offer him help.
>
> Wonderful news, I guess Florian, the other co-maintainer is also looking
> forward to a new upstream release.
Hopefully a new upstream release will come this summer.
ATM the basic functions of italc are available with ThinClients
(this "Basicfunctions" are: Watching the students desktop, kill games, kill
browsers, lock the screens of the pupils)
NOT working functions are: helping the students; showing the students your
desktop; showing the students a desktop of an student.

Hopefully this will work in the next upstream release. Maybe I can talk to the
author. :)

> > I suggest you and some other from Edubuntu and Debian-Edu should create
> > a task force (with the upstream author) to make that possible.
> >
> > As far as I know from Patrick Winnertz the source code if ITALC is not
> > very difficult to understand.
> >
> > So working together on an existing application saves manpower.
>
> There are already debian packages for italc. we were waiting for a new
> upstream release to include it and then it would also have Thin Client
> support, isn't this already included into the italc svn?
Yes, your are right.
The svn version of italc is able to handle ltspclients more or less
automatically.

mfg
Patrick