Re: some topics from the last meetings

Hi

> i have to wait for partman-auto/13 before doing any more serious
> partitioner testing. i will try to spend some time on sizing the
> partitions in the recipes.
I can test it from time to time :)

> about the builder:
> if i tried to adjust our debian-cd.patch to not break against the
> current svn version of debian-cd. to try to keep a little more up to
> date on the build system. would you have time to test it on
> administrator ? i understand you have much going on now, but you have
> account on administrator
Yes and of course i want to fulfill my duties. If you offer your help then you
can change my mind and we can upgrade to latest debian-cd version, we just
have to find an hour where we both can look into the issue :)
Last time I saw that there are various changes and especially something with
the initrd, but I can look at it again.

> A separate test account would be wise, so we are sure not to mess up the
> working builder. We migth actualy have to keep them separate until sarge
> EOL, to build the sarge 2.0rx images in the old builder.
The build dir for the sarge builds is under /trunk/src/build/CD
while /trunk/src/build/CD-administrator is for the etch and etch-test daily
builds, but yes currently there is no running cronjob on administrator that
builds the sarge iso.If we want to start CD building on administrator we have
to make sure that we produce the same sarge iso and that it builds and
installs fine which mostly means for me spending time on obsolete, already
released things and I don't want to spend "much" time on point releases with
new cd isos.

> about the installer:
> i think we can use the daily build d-i  from sid to install etch. then
> when d-i in etch freeze prior to the realease we use that from then on.
Believe me I am more or less looking forward to the freeze, thought the d-i
team would kill me for this statement ;)

> yes we have to do it twice... but i think it's time worth taking since
> many installer issues are fixed in sid's d-i. and when we release terra
> we will face the same issues again. or we can wait for the BETA3
> migration. but that may take some time.
I am not sure how much work the change is, but we can discuss it and together
think about it/try to implement it ...
Currently I see only the problem with an old prebaseconfig in etch, so we
should make sure that finish-install is available in the etch-test repo, not
sure if that would completely repair the installer, but it would definetely
fix the problem that our scripts from the debian-edu*udebs are not called.

Greetings
Steffen