Re: Possibility to get a OLPC developer's board

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 05:26:50 +0200 Knut Yrvin wrote:

> So people, I could apply for boards to realise this plan that's not
> finale, but a suggestion:
>
> 1. To make the Debian installer work with OLPC-machines
> 2. To make bare bone Debian run with network connectivety in a mesh
>    network (IPv6)
> 3. Make the power management work
> 4. To make X and a window manager with simplified debloated desktop
>
> But with no developers interested doing the development, I see no
> reason for applying for boards. So it depends on what the Debian Edu
> and Debian contributers are interested in.

> - What do you think about this suggestions?

I suggest proposing this to _Debian_ rather than _Debian EDU_.

It seems to me that the tasks drafted requires different skills than is
currently in Debian Edu: I suspect those working with hardware-specific
issues and with IPv6 might not find it obvious to join debian Edu.

 - Jonas