Re: Fwd: Re: Administration tools

HI Nicolas,

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
Thank you Christian for your rapid answer

See http://releases.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/6.06/ and especially

ok I have a look ...

http://releases.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/6.06/edubuntu-6.06-live-i386.iso

oh nice, I will try that.

that I installed on a new server and that is the last stable version.
It is a live cd but installable through the "install" button on the
desktop.

good, let see if it installs ...

The discussion about edubuntu goes on edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
that I put in cc.

ok, I subscribed to that list yesterday.

Tom Hoffman, the leader of Schooltool, a general framework to manage
schools from the administrative point of view, has recently proposed
that the would be some reflection about interoperabilities between
applications like Schooltool / Moodle ... that deal respectively
attendance management, timetables, grades ... and with content and
course management, and I think that integration with Cipux that deals
more with technical administration management is good.

Yes this sounds interesting!

With respect to Edubuntu, as it is a variant of Ubuntu, its requests
for specification are managed within the launchpad.net tool.

Sorry, I do not understand this sentence. What is the launchpad.net tool?

I am not often on IRC but I'll try to change that.

Sometimes it is faster as mail ...

Yours
Christian