Re: Fwd: Re: Administration tools

The proposition to work together with edubuntu could be very interesting ... The work we did in the last weeks is to make CipUX run in Moodle see http://moodle.skolelinux.org. In addition of the administration made with CipUX it offers a complete Intranet system with a school newspaper, forums, on line course and lots more ...

We'll have a Devcamp from the 08 to 15 of July in Petite Rosselle – France. A team of edubuntu would be welcome there to start the work …

See: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/DevCamp2006/

Thierry

2006/6/19, Christian Külker <christian.kuelker@cipworx.org>:
Hi,

Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> 2006/6/19, Christian Külker <christian.kuelker@cipworx.org>:
> Hello
>
> I do also use edubuntu and I would appreciate the same as François:
> install Cipux on Edubuntu to have a global management tool.
>
>> yes this is right. But if he followed the instruction he should have
>> noticed that already. But I think I have told him that he has to install
>> a LDAP with Skolelinux tree inside. So he may have done that.
>>
>> CipUX 3.x do not install a Skolelinux LDAP tree by its own. But I can
>> change that (for Ubuntu).
>

> I think this would be very good: that the Cipux package requires the
> needed package it depend on, install and configure the missing ones,
> expecially the ldap server, configuring it with the adequate schemas.

I can do it, but tell me where I can get this Ubunto ISO image you are
using, so that we can work on the same system ...

Or you can tell me what packages beyond slapd are needed additional on
Ubuntu.

You can see the dependencies on:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cipux/trunk/debian/control?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> Edubuntu / Abuledu / Debian-edu now all depend on debian, some
> directely (debian-edu aka skolelinux, and abuledu-pro), some through
> "ubuntu-nisation" (edubuntu).

> It would be good if there would be some
> common documentation and adminsitration tools, and Cipux can be one of
> them.

Yes I think so too. A common tool for School Administration is the idea
of CipUX.

So how we can focus on that work on Ubuntu together?

I am in the chat room #debian-edu on irc.oftc.net/6667

Yours
Christian

--
ThierryForb