Re: Localisation to East-African Languages

[Ralf Gesellensetter]
> this weekend we will have a Skolelinux seminar with teachers from Kenya.
> I shall suggest to do some localisations to languages like
> - Kisuaheli (spoken by 50 millions)
> - Kikuyu (spoken by 8 millions).
> (in comparism: Sami is spoken by 70,000).

Remember that to do l18n, you need to have a locale for each of the
translations you want to write.  Do these have locales for glibc?
That is the first task to fix.  Do they need special keyboards?  That
is probably the second task.  When these are fixed, you can start
translating.

Friendly,