Re: Script to keep a history of changes done to /etc/

Am Freitag 02 Juni 2006 16:04 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> Anyone want to improve it?

Dear Petter, dear list,

thanks for publishing a really nice script. I considered it useful for
shared administration - and dared publish it also on the German liste.
There, we had some feedback which I like to summerize:

- it is a good idea to keep track of /etc in a cvs (or likewise)
- rollback is out of question because cvs destroys files' rights
- another problem of cvs is that is doesn't support links
  ("find /etc/ -type l|wc -l" returns a number of approx. 600)

A copy of your script is available as wiki page, so everybody here can
contribute to it (I hope you don't mind):

	http://wiki.skolelinux.de/Script/EtcCvs

Regards
Ralf