Short Report of testing daily build RC-1

Dear List,

additionally to single bug reports, I like to give a short result of my
impression of installing a daily build from february 19. A survey in
German (most should be readible anyway) including screenshots of a
working thunderbird setup is available at

	http://skolelinux.de/wiki/RalfGesellensetter/Tests

1. KDM now has a nice background image, but after login a naked KDE 3.3
desktop is presented.

2. gcompris starts on IGEL thin client (not PXE but remote X session).
Full screen fails here with sefault which might be due to the specific
hardware used. Path is valid, and gcompris -w starts in a window. I
recommend to use "-w" as option in order to evade problems with thin
clients.

3. kde still runs without anti-aliased fonts (bug reported) for virgin
users.

4. KMail and Thunderbird are not preconfigured any more :(

5. Mailing works with SSL: yes / secure auth: no (IMAP) and "TLS if
possible" for SMTP (cf. screenshots)

6. Samba: /etc/samba/smbaddclient.pl hangs when trying to join a new
windows machine to domain. CPU usage of > 90 % -> Bug 1062

Thanks for all contributors
Regards
Ralf