OT - Debian Testing questions

I know this is off topic, but I take the liberty of asking here anyway. I know that the Debian-knowledge here is awesome...

I run Testing on my laptop, which has been very running very good for a long time. Now some very bad things have happened. During my latest apt-get upgrade, a lot of new packages got pulled in. Most of them were nice, like KDE3.5.

However both Evolution and xserver-xorg got updated too. Not so good. I use Evolution-Exchange every day at work. Both 2.0 and 2.2 of Evolution work perfectly for me with Exchange plugin. Evolution 2.4 does not. The Exchange plugin got broken. This is also the case in Ubuntu Breezy, which is also using 2.4. The ubuntuforums are full of posts stating that Evolution-Exchange 2.4 is broken.

I am using a dual monitor setup. I have a Compaq Evo N620c, using the "radeon" driver from X.org. When xserver-xorg got updated to 6.9.0, the dual-head setup broke. I did some googling about this, and found that other users had experienced this as well. The solution that was suggested, was to downgrade xserver-xorg to 6.8.x.

Now the question, _how_ would one go about downgrading xserver-xorg? I would also like to downgrade Evolution/Evolution-Exchange to 2.2. But can't to seem to find out how. Since the packages aren't in testing anymore, and neither in Sarge.

Is there some kind of legacy apt repository for these kind of things?

My only other solution would be to reinstall Debian and go for Sarge...

Can anyone help me out here, even though this isn't truly Debian-Edu related?

Trond Maehlum