Re: Projectleader meeting Erkelenz

* Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> [060217 21:08]:

> > > I'm kind of miss the main goal about this new member process. Is it
> > > an offer for new developers wanting to help out, or do you want
> > > _every_ new developer joining us to go through this process?
> >
> > It is similar to the debian developer process, and it is an
> > offer. Not only skills in programming are important, many other
> > soft skills we will offer to train.
> > The new member process to become a debian-edu developer or let me
> > say activist should last as minimum half a year. And this new
> > member should join as minimum one meeting and should show his
> > motivation on a small wiki homepage.
> > We divided the new member process into two phases:
> > first for orientation, second for qualification. And we mean all
> > skills, not only programming. And at the end we think about some
> > symbols like email adress and t-shirt ...
> > And we think about how to leave the project, not only by going
> > away but as minimum to documentate his work so, that others could
> > follow.
>
> I am interested in the same clarification as Morten: Do you see such
> new-maintainer process as mandatory for all or voluntary if interested?

I will answer this good question in about half a year from now.

We have started in germany with building boa (board of application). Three
members of the german team will support new members to find there
way into the team. (David, Christian and I)

And we are still learning about this process. To find supporters,
to set up an educational program, to find little tasks, ...
We have good experience with our monthly meetings.

We have startet in August 2005 and as you see:

http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/NewMember/AnwaerterInnen

And as described in the new member process, some applicants will
have the minimum waiting time at the end of this month.

Patrick hint hint ;-)

As quick as we grow, as sooner we will need such a process. For
the moment i see it completly voluntary.

Nevertheless i am very interessed to read your opinion Jonas!

>  - Jonas

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
--