Re: .org proposal 2nd

On Friday 17 February 2006 11:34, Morten Werner Olsen wrote:
> Do we have and need a new member process? I did a search on google and
> found a page about it in the German wiki [1]. What is the intention
> with this, is it for the German or international community?
>
> I can agree that we probably should offer an optional new member
> process for persons that wants to go through such a process. We have
> great examples of contributors that do great work for us without going
> through such a process. In my opinion we don't have enough manpower
> now to afford forcing contributors through such a process and risk
> losing them because such process.
Stop stealing kind of my thoughts Werner ;)
I think we can work on the process (to help new developers and integrate them
and explain them all because i think most of you spend a lot of time to
introduce me where to find what and how to use it) after the release.
Then we can talk about such a process and how we want to create it in a way to
integrate new people into the development and maybe also to have local
processes for translators or others?
Anyway making it a goal for the etch based release ok?

Greetings
Steffen