Re: [Pkg-openldap-devel] Re: the .org proposal or "join forces"

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 02:54:03PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:17:51AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > I would really like to see this package team maintained. It is a pretty
> > > complex package, with upgrade path from woody, and there still exist
> > > bugs in the upgrade path (I haven't completely tested it yet)

> > Well, I thought it *was* team maintained, which made Torsten's comment that
> > you wanted to "take it over" rather surprising to me given that I haven't
> > seen you post to the alioth list about it...

> The Uploaders entry in openldap currently states that on that team are
> Stephen Frost, Roland Bauerschmidt, you and myself. As far as I know
> Roland and Stephen both have no time to commit to OpenLDAP and IIRC you
> only wanted to help out for the release.

Oh, well... there's always going to be another release, isn't there? :)  The
reasons for my interest in OpenLDAP packaging still apply; I certainly don't
want to take over a lead role in maintaining openldap, but I also see some
"unfinished business" for myself in the current state of the packaging.

Cheers,