Re: the .org proposal or "join forces"

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 12:30, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I agree (as some of youve probably noticed from my hinting about it
> from time to time). The reason I clarify the separate needs is that
> Ole-Anders Andreassen has joined this thread and is *explicitly*
> interested in the admin community.
>
> I see a point in Skolelinux providing portal tools for local school
> admins to feel part of a greater community.
ok.

> I still have a hard time understanding the difference between
> skolelinux development and Debian development. I have no interest in
> building up a parallel to Debian.
Who talks about that?
You should know that i agree in getting all stuff back into debian, but
nevertheless we need space for our own stuff (maybe call it debian-edu.org).
We are at a point where we have special stuff for our own.
This of course means that we need a kinda policy (where we can write down that
we are all Debians and see ourselves as a part of the Debian Project).
And I think this also means that we have to work in an .org-team where we can
organize important stuff together, because now I see that your fear becomes
true. We are still working in local teams and I think there is not a one way
development, but i think this is what you and me and many others want to
have.
We need one development tree (we can together decide how it looks like, means
on the do-o-cratic way) and not many small trees ...
And for that I think the .org-proposal is the right way.

> I suspect most (norwegian at least) Skolelinux developers do not share
> my views, so me in charge of this would probably not be representative
> of Skolelinux (but hey - we are a do-o-cracy, not a democracy, so who
> cares, right?).
I care ;)

Greetings
Steffen