Re: Advise for new default configuration

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:04:34AM +0100, RalfGesellensetter wrote:

> this sounds promising.

Absolutely! :)

> >    - Proceed with my idea (and change the domain name used for
> > testing to cfservd.intern for example)
> >    - Opt-out solution so that manually removing the cfengine.intern
> > does not install this configuration on new workstations
>
> one of those - please note that:
>
> - during installation process, the workstations might lack access to
>   net/tjener - so checking means some risk.

Can't we assume that main server (tjener) and network connection is in
place when workstations and thin client servers are installed? I think
so.

> - until entered in dhcpd.conf, workstation IPs might change
> - pre06 adds etherwake
> - some gui/webmin interface would be nice ;)

If I remember correctly the cfengine-setup needs some keys in place
before the cfservd-communication can start, is that right? If so, I
have not been able to see a solution where we out-of-the-box can do
this keysetup without sacrifising some security. Or have I missed a
solution here?

I believe a solution where we can run a script on the main-server
(from a webmin-module or something) to "add" the workstation into the
cfservd-setup would be a satisfactory solution to the problem.

- Werner