Re: kschoolmenu vs. desktop-profiles?

Am Friday 09 December 2005 13:18 schrieb cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):

> desktop-profiles provides a general solution for step 2 (note that the
> added basedir/kde-profile need not include only the changed menu structure,
> it may set up other things to)

Thanks for the explanation.

So that sounds to me as if kschoolmenu would need overhaul for
debian-edu/sarge in any case, and per session XDG_CONFIG_DIRS altering would
duplicate some part of desktop-profiles.

Is a kschoolmenu developer here?
What about changing the kschoolmenus Tool into a groupmenus Tool? Is such a
special tool needed at all? Couldn't an existing XDG-Menu Tool edit, well,
XDG-Menues and also the desktop-profiles menus? (Possibly with a patch to
choose the hierarchy level)

-Christian