Fwd: Proposal for debconf 6 presentation from SLX Debian Labs

FYI

----------  Videresendt melding  ----------

Subject: Proposal for debconf 6 presentation from SLX Debian Labs
Date: lørdag 03 desember 2005, 19:17
From: Knut Yrvin <knuty@skolelinux.no>
To: Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org>, Alexander Schmehl
<alexander@schmehl.info>, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>

Unfortunately the link for registration[1] is down, so i send my proposal
directly.

1. https://www.debconf.org/comas/attendees/new

Ok. The proposal for our debconf 6 presentation:

Experiences with large CDD-installations

Mr. Knut Yrvin presents the findings in a report[2] about centralised
deployment and operation of free software in the schools in 5
Norwegian municipalities.

The Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research has founded the
report. It covers planing or full deployment Skolelinux at 234
schools, 33.000 client machines, and 101.000 pupils and teachers.  The
focus is on technical issues, economy and organisation. There is also
feedback on how the teachers uses free software in their teaching.

The report is a small part of a larger work done by the Norwegian
educational authorities. The government needs effective and efficient
measures to reach the political goals of digital competence in the
schools. The next step in our work is to make and maintain service
management documentation with CDD software in accordance to ITIL (IT
Infrastructure Library - from the Office of Government Commerce UK).

Link to the report (in Norwegian - an summary in English is in
progress):

2. http://developer.skolelinux.no/ressurssparing.html

Regards,

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway.  Office 1:
SLX Debian Labs - Forskningsparken, Gaustadalle 21, 0349 OSLO.  Office