Re: Custom configuration of network clients

Patrice Neff wrote:
>> The thought is to have a central cfengine-repository, and distribute
>> changes from there. Someone planned to work a bit more on it, but they
>> did not find the time. We should also switch from cfengine to  cfengine2.
> Are there any serious incompatibilities between cfengine and  cfengine2
> that would make such a change difficult?

We tried, but for some profiles, it failed to run cfengine2. I'm not
sure what the status of the bug is, nor if it's reported.

>>> What are your thoughts about this idea? If somebody likes it and   would
>>> put a patch into Skolelinux, I'd happily experiment with this  and
>>> provide a patch.
>> Please do. But keep in mind that people may use other techniques  today,
>> so if you include something, it should be disabled by default. And if
>> you come up with a patch, the only way to make sure it makes it to the
>> default CD, is to include it on the CD yourself, that means submit it
>> through svn, test it, then set proper default.
>> If the rest of the project doesn't like your solution, then they will
>> tell, and if they really dont like it, your solution will be removed
>> after you've submitted to svn. That's "do-ocracy".
> I don't have subversion access yet. Is there a way to get that or do  I
> have to apply for Debian developer?

You dont need to be a DD to hack on the Debian-edu source.
But I dont remember how to get svn access anymore, I hope you can find
some pointers from
http://developer.skolelinux.no/documentation/contributing-developers.html

--
Finn-Arne Johansen