Re: Empty netgroups in server installation

Hello Patrice!

Am Mittwoch 16 November 2005 00:20 schrieb Patrice Neff:
> Is this a mistake in the current stable release or am I doing/
> understanding something wrong?

This is, indeed, as meant to be: For security reasons, no foreign
workstation is allowed to connect to NFS (just think of root
squashing!).

There have been discussions of developing tools to let clients "join"
the netgroups from client side. But this is another matter.

All installation instructions I know if, describe how to add a client to
netgroups. Usually you have to add the host name (such as ltspserver00)
and not the IP. In any case you should also make sure that that name
(one depending on another) is fixed to the client's MAC address by
adapting dhcpd.conf.

Regards
Ralf