Re: Daily build sarge CD uses new LTSP packages

Hi,

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 20:23, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > - Missing e1000 driver in initrd.
> Hm, not sure why.  Do you have time to report this as a debian bug
> against the ltsp-server package?
I will try it.

> > - Only 1024x786 60Hz resolution on the thin client.
>
> What did you expect?
That means that normally my video card and monitor works fine with
1280x1024 and 85Hz (Skolelinux installer automatic detects this) .

> > Remark: The best automatic hardware detection for modern hardware
> > and the X11 screen I have seen in ubunto/kubunto. (But not in
> > ubuntos ltsp!)

> I'm not able to extract understanding from this block.  What do you
> mean?
I have test some TFT screens or CRTs and boards with various Intel
graphic chips (855,815) and a ATI Radeon 9200 and a Matrox G400 with
the kubunto live CD. All works fine in high resolution.
If you have a monitor without DDC channel like my sony laptop a menu
comes up to select a resolution.

> > - I have not find the ltsp config files.
> >   /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, screen.d .....
>
> That is by design.  The new LTSP packages are supposed to work fine
> without configuration, and only need a configuration file in the
> special cases.
I think autodetection is a good idea, but you also need some config
files. Examples:
- Classroom with big and small Monitors to give all the same resolution.
- Selection of X11 or terminal mode.
- Fix hardware problems: 14 Inch monitor who tell us he can 1280x1024 at
100Hz and so on.

bye Andreas