Re: Why acroread instead of xpdf?

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, C. Gatzemeier wrote:

PDF Viewers based on the poppler library fork of xpdf, like kpdf, evince etc.
seem to do increasingly better than xpdf.

Just tested evince which in fact does a better job than xpdf when displaying
transparent images.  But if it comes to latex-beamer slides it makes blank
white screens between two slides (which lasts longer the more complex the next
slide is).  This is extremely annoying.  If this is solved I will come back
and verify the other problems like animations.  (Well, I often heard that
animations in presentations are evil, but I've got at least one use case
where I really need an animation.)

Kind regards and thanks for the hint

           Andreas.

--