Developer gathering in germany?

Hi All

First of all sorry about the privat discussion which has taken place
about a possible gathering in germany, it was also my mistake.

We suggested to have a developer gathering in germany at my old school.
At first we wanted to know if this is possible because of the schedule
for the gatherings, but now we want to go the right way and make an
official ask here at the public list.

So our idea was to have a gathering at the beginning of december near
cologne germany at a school.
What we can offer is a place to work (of course internet access), a
place for sleeping (a big room or so) and we can organize the meals.

Short overview about a possible program:

Friday evening a keynode and a meal maybe with students and teachers to
discuss free software in schools ...

Saturday morning we can start to hack and during the early afternoon we
want to make several talks about several topics (for example on which
stuff you are working or some presentations about skolelinux ...)
were we invide all people, who are interested (I think we can insert it
into the newspaper).
There can be also some discussions with students or parents ...

What we also want to do is a social evening in an irish pub (saturday
evening, I hope with live music).

On sunday there can be an interview with some newspapers, hacking and a
meeting at the end were we can discuss several things.

The school is interested in doing this gathering, because they want to
make public relations with that ;=)
and I think many teachers will come, because we can get financial
support not from our school, but from the local government and then also
teachers from other schools will come.

Well I don't know how to pay the flight costs?!

And as you can see the event is not completely organized, but if the
debian-edu community want to have such a meeting and many of you will
attend we will prepare a nice gathering with the german team.

But first of all we want to hear if you agree or disagree with our plan,
but if you agree we can meet each other in germany ;=)

Please give much feedback and let's discuss this here at the list *g*.

Greetings
Steffen