Re: A little trick to install Pre05 on PowerPC

Peter Voigt wrote:
> Pre05 does not boot on powerpc. A little workaround helps.
>
> All you need is a (standard) debian installation-cd.

When I finnaly got my hands on a mac-mini, I found the same. I've asked
for help on how to make the cd bootable for mac's, and I got some
pointers. I hope to test the new image withing a couple of days.

> Workaround
>
>   (tested on mac mini)
>
>   First boot the (standard) debian installation-cd (holding the
>   key 'c' on power-on, until the boot starts).
>
>   On the first screen type 'expert video=ofonly', then 'enter'.

Why is this necesarry ? I was able to boot a testing cd with no problem
on the mac-mini. Is this an issue for the sarge-install cd ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/