Invitaton to edubuntu-people for Debian Edu devcamp
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Jane Weideman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jordi Mallach <email@example.com>, Hilton Theunissen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jonathan Carter <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Colin Applegate <email@example.com>, Paul Flint <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Quim Gil <email@example.com>, Oliver Grawert <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Matt Zimmerman <email@example.com>, John Ingleby <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mark Shuttleworth <email@example.com>, Claire Davis <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jane Silber <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Invitaton to edubuntu-people for Debian Edu devcamp
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:45:21 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] E1DqrIH-0006aN-Iq@saruman.uio.no>
As mentioned during last weekends edubuntu gathering, everyone there
(and everyone else interested in contributing for that matter) are
invited to the debian-edu developer gatherings we arrange 6-8 times a
year. The next gathering was just announced, and you are all invited.
We will not be able to cover travel expences for more than very few
foreigners, so that will have to be asked for and coordinated with the
treasuer. But we will cover food and find somewhere to sleep for
those that can attend.
The announcement is available from
is the text. Notice there is a bug in the registration form at the
moment, listing Wednesday-Friday as the possible days, while the
correct days are Friday-Sunday.
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:11:47 +0200
From: Halvor Dahl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Next developer gathering - Kongsvinger 26-28 August, 2005
The next developer gathering will take place at Vennersberg skole
in Kongsvinger on the weekend 26 - 28 August.
Kongsvinger is a medium-sized Norwegian town about 100 km east
of Oslo, close to the Swedish border. It is located on both sides
of Glomma, which is Norway's longest river.
There are buses to Kongsvinger leaving from the center of Oslo
every hour. The bus ride takes about 1 hour 50 minutes. Roadmap
and details on accommodation, eating etc will follow.
What is particularly nice about Kongsvinger (apart from being my
own hometown), is that all 9 schools (2700 pupils) are running
Skolelinux. Trond Mæhlum, who is responsible for the centralised
IT operation of the schools, will join us for the weekend.
Vennersberg skole should be well suited for the developer gathering.
It has an instruction room which should be useful with 18 terminals +
1 teacher terminal with a projector.
For registration, please use the new web-based form that Jakob has
made (please read "Kongsberg" as "Kongsvinger"):
The plan is to have a "distributed" developer gathering this
weekend with the different sites communicating. Please send
me an e-mail if you are interested in helping out with local
arrangements. Trondheim and Bergen are obvious candidates,
and I would also be very happy to see something in Germany.
Please e-mail any questions to email@example.com.