Re: multilevel configuration

On Monday 20 June 2005 15:50, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:29:36PM +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)
> wrote: <snip/>
>

> I found
> debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu/networked-kde2/share/config/kmailrc
> in the version control system,
> but I didn't find the part that uses it.

> > - we add a dir to the KDEDIRS variable (which contains the ordered
> > searchpath for multilevel configuration of KDE)
> > in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/20debian-edu-kdedirs script
this is were this activated

> (and I have the feeling it is about several versions of KDE )
we have different versions of that for kde3 and kde2
(that X-session file checks the kde-version on the machine and activates the
right config-set accordingly)

> Where is the counter part of "multilevel config" ?
I'm not sure what you mean here, KDE always uses multilevel config it's just
that normally there's only 2 levels
- "system-wide" (in /usr for non-configuration /etc/kde3 for configfiles on
debian)
- user-specified (in $HOME/.kde)
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):