Re: multilevel configuration

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:29:36PM +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
  <snip/>
> - debian-edu-config package
> - we add a dir to the KDEDIRS variable (which contains the ordered
> searchpath for multilevel configuration of KDE)
> in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/20debian-edu-kdedirs script
> - description of what is set up is available in the debian-edu-config README
> file, which says:
>
> KDE client config
> -----------------
>   1. share/debian-edu/common
 <snip/>
>   2. share/debian-edu/networked-kd3
 <snip/>
>   3. share/debian-edu/networked-kde2
>        - Configure kmail to use 'postoffice' for IMAPS connections.
>        - Set proxy settings and force them using kiosk (kde 3 >  specific)
>
> as you can see that's fairly limited

I found
debian-edu-config/share/debian-edu/networked-kde2/share/config/kmailrc
in the version control system,
(and I have the feeling it is about several versions of KDE )
but I didn't find the part that uses it.

Where is the counter part of "multilevel config" ?

Cheers
Geert Stappers