Re: LTSP and lessdisks

> I dont think it's easy to upgrade from the debian version availible in
> Sarge (0.5.3cvs.20040906-16) to the one we have in the
> Skolelinux-repositories (0.6.2c), the latest that is defined from
> lessdisks (0.6.2d) or the experimental from upstream (0.7something)

i would be very surprised if you had *any* upgradeability problems
between lessdisks 0.6.2c and 0.6.2d, as it was a very minor bugfix
update.

upgrading from 0.5.3cvs.20040906-16 to 0.6.x or the future 0.7.x may be
very complicated, as numerous configuration options defined in the
server-side packages were moved into the terminal-chroot-side packages
(to attempt to make the version on the server and terminal-chroot less
inter-dependent).

i hope to release the 0.7.x branch with good support for upgrading from
the 0.6.x releases, though without a lot of help, i do not think i will
be able to make that possible for the 0.5.3cvs20040906-16 release
currently in Debian.

no matter which version you use, it currently requires a separate update
for the chroot itself...

live well,
  vagrant