Online (mounted) file system resize in sarge?

Anyone know what the status of online resizeing of ext3 is in sarge?
I suspect we need a 2.6 kernel and the ext2resize package (missing in
sarge, present in sid).  Did anyone test this and get it to work?
What kernel versions is needed to get it to work?  I'm aware that the
RHEL 4 support online resizing, and believe we should get such support
too.

I just tested with kernel 2.6.11 and the ext2online program from
ext2resize in sid, but was unable to resize file systems while they
were mounted.  Resizing after unmounting was working file.  I only
tried to extend the file system.