Re: (forw) invitation to Edubuntu Summit, 1-3 July 2005

[Andreas Schuldei]
> In my oppinion it would be important for some debian-edu people to
> show up there.

I am not sure it is easy to get the right people to go there when the
meeting is in July.  Who would the right people be?  I suspect it
would be good to use such opportunity to get our LTSP people to meet
and work with the edubuntu LTSP people.  I also suspect that this
early in the cooperation phase, it is smart to get someone with deep
knowledge about the skolelinux network architecture and an
understanding of the interactions between the different services to
go.  This would make sure the edubuntu people have someone available
when they try to understand what is so great about debian-edu.  And,
we should probably send someone with good knowledge about the
debian-edu/skolelinux infrastructure (cd building, package building,
APT source maintenence, etc), to try to exchange knowledge with
canonical on these issues.  It would also be good if someone with
knowledge about the deployment effort in skolelinux, the business side
if you like, went over there to talk about these issues as well.

But I guess we will have a better idea after this weekend who need to
do more talking, and this might gain the project most by going there.

I am not too happy about this meeting taking place in July.  I hoped
for a meeting in August instead, as debconf5 will take a lot of time
in July, and it might be hard for some to spend one more weekend on
debian-edu.

Just my thoughts on the topic.  I make the call on who get their
travel funded by edubuntu to go there, if I understand this correctly.
Let me know if you are interested.