Re: A Server for Education - "WIMS" (fwd)

Andreas Tille a écrit :
> >deb http://debian.ofset.org/ sarge main
> >deb-src http://debian.ofset.org/ sarge main
> Sorry, I have currently not the time to check, but if there is something
> useful
> at these external mirrors I'm a big fan of integrating it directly into
> Debian
> instead of having external sites.  I discussed the advantages several times.

Hello Andreas, I fully agree. However there is something broken in the
mechanism.

I lost my last debian sponsor who integrated versions of wims into the
main repositories (sid). So there are bugs filed against the version of
wims packaged in Debian main. I asked twice for a new sponsor, however
people discovered probably that this package is a huge one, very
intricated, due to the exuberant coding abilities of its only autor,
Gang Xiao.

For example the debian package is built at the expense of a load of
modifications in the file tree, to comply with the FHS.

For now, my only motivation was to make Wims packaged so it can be added
to the CDROM Freeduc-CD without hassle. There was little testing on
platforms other than i386. Another issue is the incompatibility with
recent versions of maxima, still not resolved in the upstream.

Andreas, would you mind being my sponsor for the wims packages?
The last one was John O'Sullivan, apparently  no more inside the debian
developers.