Re: A Server for Education - "WIMS" (fwd)

[I put  AOSSS@googlegroups.com  in CC list again ...]

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Georges Khaznadar wrote:

association OFSET (http://ofset.org) has already done some work about
WIMS in the past. There are packages working for i386 at
deb http://debian.ofset.org/ sarge main
deb-src http://debian.ofset.org/ sarge main
Sorry, I have currently not the time to check, but if there is something useful
at these external mirrors I'm a big fan of integrating it directly into Debian
instead of having external sites.  I discussed the advantages several times.

These comprise the international part of WIMS too.

Hung(2) Chao(2)-Kuei(4) <ckhung@cyut.edu.tw> is vice-president of OFSET
in Taiwan, he helped a lot for the development of Free Software in
Education there.
Well, the main point of my mail was that I've got the feeling that people in
Asia who try to form a FOSS group dealing also with Debian and educational
software in the mailin list <AOSSS@googlegroups.com> have no idea about
Debian-Edu (aka SkoleLinux).  IMHO it would be REALLY important if someone
more deeply involved in debian-edu than me would join this list and
introduce what happens here in Europe.

Andreas Tille is a German member of Skolelinux, and works a lot about
the debian project, in the medical area (please correct me Andreas if I
am wrong).
You are completely right.  Doing this I tried to find out common things
between other Custom Debian Distributions like Debian-Edu, Debian-Jr,
DeMuDi etc. and try to coordinate cooperation.

CK, have you already worked with people of Skolelinux?

Best regards,			Georges.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--