Re: Installation of PreRelease 02 of Sarge-based Debian-edu

Frederic Renet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On mer, 2005-05-25 at 23:49 +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>

>>>1) At the end of installation it is not possible to login from kdm (root
>>>is denied and no other user have been created)
>>
>>It should be possible. If server is installedm then it sohould be
>>possible to log in as root.
>

>>Could you also try to install "Main+Thinclient server" only , adn see if
>>that changes anything. When I tested, I did an installation with
>>2.4-kernel and one with 2.6-kernel. On both installation I logged in as
>>root.
>

> I will test it later today.
>

>>>2) After i created a unix user i can log
>>>
>>>3) If i try to connect https://10.0.0.2:10000 i get an access denied
>>
>>Is that a typo, or was that the address you tried ?
>>You should have used https://10.0.2.2:10000
>>which browser did you use ?
>>I tested that it worked, but I'm not sure which address I used - I think
>>it was https://tjener:10000
>

> Sorry there was a typo error in my mail i tried https://10.0.2.2:10000,
> i just tried https://tjener:10000 with the same result :"Error - Access
> denied for 10.0.2.2

Which browser ?

This may be the fault of the browser, squid or webmin.

>>>4) https://127.0.0.1:10000 is working
>>
>>Nice - then webmin at least works.
>>

>>>5) When i try to create a user in the ldap-users module from webmin i
>>>got an error about "use of uninitialized values" lines 1785 and 1880
>>>and finally "unable to connect to LDAP server on host "ldap" :
>>>connection refused "
>>
>>That is already documented in
>> http://d.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/debian-edu_sarge_installation.txt
>>Now It's even bugged in debian BTS for slapd, and the fix will be solved
>>in the next upload of slapd. #310422
>

> Ok, i should have seen the slapd server is not running. I just tried to
> run it /etc/init.d/slapd start
>
> Now when i connect to webmin ldap-users module i get an error :
>
> Error - Bad Header
>
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in
> concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/webmin/web-lib.pl line 1785.
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in
> split at /usr/share/webmin/web-lib.pl line 1880.
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi: readline() on closed filehandle
> USERMODS at /usr/share/webmin/web-lib.pl line 3476.
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in
> split at /usr/share/webmin/web-lib.pl line 1925.
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi: LDAP Error: LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR
> Server encountered an internal error
> [Fri Mar 29 02:11:52 2002] index.cgi:
> at /usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/ldap-users.pl line 49.
>
> slapd is running:
> fred@tjener:~$ ps aux |grep slapd
> root      4961  0.0  1.4  9432 3368 ?        Ss   02:11
> 0:00 /usr/sbin/slapd
> root      4962  0.0  1.4  9432 3368 ?        S    02:11
> 0:00 /usr/sbin/slapd
> root      4963  0.0  1.4  9432 3368 ?        S    02:11
> 0:00 /usr/sbin/slapd
>

> Which configuration file must be used by slapd, the one named slapd.conf
> or the other named slapd-debian-edu.conf ?

It uses slapd.conf, but then, during installation , slapd.conf should be
replaced with a symlink to slapd-debian-edu.conf

>>>6) In Webmin the only server installed is "Skolelinux Backup". Webmin
>>>DHCP server module can be installed but is not by default. I did not see
>>>a LTSP webmin module, is this normal ?
>>
>>I guess something went wrong during your installation, then - Could you
>>please file a bug report on http://bugs.skolelinux.no, and attach
>>/var/log/base-config.log ?  (please dont send it here)
>>Maybe also attach the content of /var/log/debian-installer/
>

> I will install only two profiles : main server and thin client server to
> see if there is something different and fill a bug report.

But please file a bug report with the base-config.log from this
installation as well, cause it shouldn't fail like that

It should be possible to check all the tree "networked" profiles

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/