Re: Installation of PreRelease 02 of Sarge-based Debian-edu

<zitiere wer="Frederic Renet">
> Hello,

Hi Frederic, hi all!

> I did work with the woody based skolelinux, i'm trying to put a new computer
room with PreRelease 02 of Sarge-based Debian-edu.

> The installation went without problem. The computer used for the test is a
Pentium 4 with 2 ethernet card. During the test this computer is not
connected to any LAN.

> I choose to put three profiles on the same computer :
> -Main Server
> -Thin client server
> -Workstation
>
> There are my diferrent remarks:
>
> 1) At the end of installation it is not possible to login from kdm (root is
denied and no other user have been created)

I remember some discussion, that ended in 'no root-login on X'

https://10.0.2.2:10000 would have been right.
             ^
> 4) https://127.0.0.1:10000 is working
>
> 5) When i try to create a user in the ldap-users module from webmin i got an
error about "use of uninitialized values" lines 1785 and 1880 and finally
"unable to connect to LDAP server on host "ldap" :
> connection refused "
yeah, i had the same problem right now and found out that ldap/slapd doesn't run!
It even can't, because the script in /etc/init.d isn't linked to /etc/rc0.d -
/etc/rc6.d .
I grepped the links on a running woody-tjener and created them here and -voila
- could enter my hosts and enter wlus. I created the following links
for rc0.d, rc1.d and rc6.d/K80slapd -> ../init.d/slapd
for rc2.d - rc5.d/S19slapd -> ../init.d/slapd

> 6) In Webmin the only server installed is "Skolelinux Backup". Webmin DHCP
server module can be installed but is not by default. I did not see a LTSP
webmin module, is this normal ?

seams to be: a lot of modules known from woody are missing, including lvm!

> 7) I tried to replace slapd.conf by slapd-debian-edu.conf but even after i
remove the TLS entries it still does not work

> If someone provide me some hints i would be able to push investigations
further.

> Regards.

I'll try some new installation

readU