Req: dpkg --get-selections (LTSP/Sarge)

Hi there,

I want to upgrade a pure LTSP (skolelinux woody pr-47) to sarge.

These are my planned steps:

Plan A
1. Backup all partitions (done.)
2. Try to upgrade with aptitude (after updating sources.list)

Here I prepare to need several steps. In the end, a dpkg
--set-selections could be very usefull - alas I don't have any at
hands. Okay, I could install one in qemu - right you are - but if
anyone of you has one (without ldap) I would appreciate it.

If my trials won't succeed, I'll go for

Plan B
1. Remove all data from major partitions
2. Install debian-edu sarge from cd to existing LVM partitions (this
seems important for Plan C, but I am not sure if the installer will
recognize the LVM structure).
3. Do all fixes needed

If this fails, too, there is only

Plan C
Restore backups and postpone upgrading.

I want to do this in a time frame of 4 hours + 2 hours buffer for
restorage.

Comments welcome!

Regards
Ralf.