Re: PreRelease 02 of Sarge-based Debian-edu

On 20-05-2005 13:44, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>>Do you have an easy to read list of all parts of this "Sarge-based"
>>PreRelease that is not sarge-based?
>

> Nope, but you're welcome to build one

Thanks.

>>And is this a "Finn-Arne, member of the Skolelinux development team"
>>prerelease or an official Skolelinux prerelease?
>

> Good question - what makes a CD official in a volunteer project ?
> No - I'm not beeing paid to do this.

I did not mention money. My concern here is responsibility.

I mean - learning from an incident in the not so distant past, I believe
that your image automagically could become the official release of
Skolelinux without further discussion, if just lying there for, say, 6
months with nobody commenting on it. Or am I completely mistaken here?

> But this is the autobuilt image, created automaticly whenever something
> is changed, I have just taken one build - tested it somewhat and said
> that this kind of works.

Thanks.

>>I *do* appreciate your hard work on this, Finn-Arne. I just want to
>>avoid misunderstandings.
>

> Well, seem like you're the only one (besides me) that asks this
> questions. Maybe you/we should stop asking them ?

Misunderstandings may happen not only amongst those asking the questions.

Do you find my question irrelevant or bad for Skolelinux?

> Maybe, if you spend a bit more time maintaining your packages (lessdisks
> is one of them), and a bit less time playing postmaster on lists were
> you are not such, maybe we could use the official debian packages. but
> hey - I guess it's to late to get lessdisks 0.6.something into sarge
> now, lets hope you wake up for etch

If you really *really* want we can discuss in detail my priorities of
involvement in Free Software (hint: I believe I do other stuff than
being a pain in the ass of debian-edu and non-maintaining lessdisks).

We can also discuss if we really *really* want different rules on this
mailinglist than the remaining approx. 200 lists part of Debian: