Re: (fwd) Urgent: Organizations using open source

>From Frank Weißer on Thursday, 2005-05-19 at 11:42:51 +0200:
> <zitiere wer="Conrad Newton">
> >   Latest Wins: Ford Motor Company (US), Deutsche Bahn
> >   (GER), NCSA (US), Deutsche Telekom (GER), City of
> >   Munich (GER), German Parliament (GER), others to come
>
> Sorry to correct you, Conrad. But Munich uses LiMux, which is based on
> Debian-GNU/Linux. See http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/referate/dir/limux/89256/
> for details (sorry, german only).

I (and my crummy link) stand corrected.
But with or without Novell, it is still a Linux desktop.

> Get me wrong, but as far as i can tell German Parliament only uses Linux as
> servers.

This is also what I recall, Linux on the server, Windows on the desktop.
Bergen, Norway is planning for Linux on the servers, and has (according
to my information) still not commited itself on the subject of the desktop.
Paris is said to be considering the use of Linux, as in Munich.

But I thought there was one other large Linux desktop installation
in Germany.  Even larger than Munich.  Was it Deutsche Bahn?
Or some large insurance company?  I cannot remember.

I tried to get some information on this topic recently, but the
results I obtained with google were not so very informative.

Conrad