Re: [debian-edu] Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 07:59:50AM +0200, Thomas Templin wrote:
> - You know that schools are offered MS OS and Software for free more
>   and more?

Free (up-front) means nothing in TCO terms.  Schools and other orgs need
to realize this.

Not only does MS often end up charging for (necessary) upgrades down
the road, but there's all the time, money, energy and frustration
spent fighting bugs and viruses, spyware and other malware.

I'm not arguing that Debian/stable is or isn't a suitable solution here,
but just wanted to poke a hole where I saw a crack in the wall. ;^)

--
-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com