Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

tirsdag 10. mai 2005, 09:54, skrev cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
> HINT: the long release cycle is _not_ the problem, the relative
> immaturity of the Free software Desktop at the time of the last
> Debian release is.

I'we collected some usability and migration studies that points out the
wave of the future:

* Linux Usability Study
(July 2003)
http://www.relevantive.de/Linux-Usabilitystudy_e.html
http://www.linux-usability.de/download/linux_usability_report_en.pdf

* KDE 3.3 Usability Study and Review
http://www.userinstinct.com/viewpost.php?postid=kde33review&page=1

* McNutt says that when Siemens, with 33,000 employees in 44 countries,
initially evaluated Linux as a productivity desktop, it saw little
utility outside of technical departments. "We didn't see Linux on the
desktop as a major market, but we were wrong."
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/13/1424212

* GNOME Usability Study Report
http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3354021

* Migration to open source software – Beaumont Hospital Dublin, Ireland
http://europa.eu.int/idabc/en/document/3304/470

* Migration of the German City of Schwäbisch Hall
http://europa.eu.int/idabc/en/document/4022/470

- Knut Yrvin