Re: [debian-edu] kde3 vs kde2 / Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 03:54:29PM +0200, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> What is the most recommended way here? Is there any chance to apt-get
> upgrade to sarge, or otherwise, which version to install from
> (sarge-pr1?)?

I'm not sure if it applies to K12LTSP, but Debian's "alioth" server
contains KDE 3.4 for Sarge.  (Since Sarge is frozen, and will soon become
stable, KDE 3.4 won't be 'officially' in Debian until Etch comes to life
as the new testing.  At least, this is my understanding.)

On my standard Debian/testing box (not LTSP) at home, I simply added
an apt source line to /etc/apt/sources.list.  Here are some details:

  http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/docs/install.html

<snip>
> Sarge not only brings a better look and feel, but also a huge amount of
> additional educational software (incl. stopmotion).

KDE 3.4 similarly improves the entire environment over KDE 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 ;)

--
-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com