Re: newest ISO-Images - where?

Hi,

On Saturday 07 May 2005 21:01, Halvor Dahl wrote:

> >>If the Image I have been informed to burn and push forward
> >>by Petter Reinholdtsen accounts for anything then the official is
> >>debian-edu_woody-i386-1.0r1+di_rc2.iso
> >>and has been so since it was released.
> >>(I did wait a few days to see if it was good and Petter Reinholdtsen
> >>said it was good)
> >
> >Thanks for the clarification. I was unaware that word from Petter that
> >something is "good" and waiting 24h makes it official.
> >
> >Who has access to the website? Could we please get added this valuable
> >bit on the "chain of command" in Skolelinux (or is it obvious to
> >everyone but me?)?

/me supports Jonas' demands.

It cannot be that difficult to rename an iso-image and move it into a
directory which is not called testing ? (If this has been done by now,
thanx+sorry for the noise. If not, please do it. The official skolelinux
sarge based release is not waiting round the corner, afaik.)

(I won't comment on the process how this has been declared stable.... although
I read the complete thread, I feel not everything has been said about it...)

But...

> I think this thread is developing into something far from constructive.

> There is obviously a difference of opinion here (and maybe also some
> degree of misunderstanding), but there is no need to get into this kind
> of poisoning irony.

> Disagreements and misunderstandings are much better resolved by factual
> information delivered in a friendly and positive manner.

/me agrees here as well :-)

But I can understand how Jonas became desperate, as nobody saw his point /
took actions. Also the way which was described as the way by which skolelinux
produces stable images shouted for ironic comments...

So, to see if this was resolved by now, I visited www.skolelinux.de, followed
the download link, which points to
ftp://developer.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/

First thing I see there, are 47 develoment images from 2003+2004. Could
someone please create an "old" directory and move it there ? Or must those
files be preserved there ?

2nd thing, the latest ISO I see is skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1.iso

To be fair, http://www.skolelinux.org/no/get_started/download points to the
correct image - which name IMHO is scary for people not familiar with d-i
devlopment. (And from a skolelinux point of view it's IMHO irrelevant how the
d-i release candidate was named.)

http://www.skolelinux.org/de/get_started/download also points to this image as
being official - even though it resides in a "scary" path. This is confusing
and doesnt look very professional.

My suggestion: move the image (name+path) and let's move along.
This thread already took more time then solving the issues ;-)

regards,
	Holger