Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On Sun, 8 May 2005, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:

The unpredictable and not-so-frequent releases of Debian worries me.
Is it worriing *you* or your *users*.  Wanting the latest and greatest
software is a very developer centric point of view.  Keeping your users
busy by providing frequently changing applications might not be the
most important thing you should focus on.  It is more the other way
around I'm observing in a similar target user group:  GIVE ME BACK MY
GOOD OLD VERSION I KNOW AND I WAS ABLE TO WORK WITH INSTEAD OF KEEPING
ME BUSY WITH LEARNING THIS NEW VERSION!  (Sorry, my users were shouting
and thus I uses capital letters.)

I think it wil be hard for Skolelinux/Debian-edu to compete with for example
Microsoft Windows based systems in the long run if we stay on the same path
as now.
Please think twice about *your personal* point of view and the point of
view of *your users*.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--