Re: laptop task / xdebconfigurator

C. Gatzemeier wrote:
On my laptop I found I had to install and configure xfree86-driver-synaptics before the touchpad would work as expected.

Where would be the right place to handle this automaticly, i.e. the right place to file a wish? xdebconfigurator?

Hmm, I don't think everyone with a laptop wants/need xfree86-driver-synaptics. But that is a problem we already have on other packages. I guess we could make education-laptop depend/recommend x-d-synaptics, and if detected, let xdebconfigurator set this up.

what do others think ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no